codeHive is the AkiraChix signature program. It is a one-year fully subsidized residential hands-on technical training program. It provides education and economic opportunity to young women between 19 and 24 years from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds who have completed high school education, unable to further their education due to financial constraints.
In 2022 we intend to recruit highly motivated young women from across Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda’s underserved communities. And offer market-ready technology, life skills and leadership training.
Our students in the codeHive program also receive mentorship from global names in technology and business and go on a three-month work experience. They also get to attend and network at leading technology conferences and workshops.
As part of the program, we also push our students to not only learn but innovate. As part of graduation, students are all required to produce market-ready prototype solutions. We also support our students to find a work placement in the technology industry and offer them 6-month additional support as a career launchpad, post-graduation.
If this describes you, apply today and share it with your friends.
Deadline for applications: 15th October 2021 at 11.59 PM (GMT +3)
Applicants must have:
- Completed High School no later than 2019
- Possess a High School result slip/ transcript/ Photo or your results sent via SMS
- Be a young African woman aged 19-24 years on January 2022
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Be a resident of Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda or refugee communities in Kenya
- Have a passport, National ID, Alien ID or Refugee certificate of your respective country of origin
- Interested in technology or its use in bringing change to communities
- Available full-time from February 1, to December 1, 2022, and willing to live on the AkiraChix campus, in Nairobi, Kenya throughout the program
- Be a changemaker and committed to service in your community
- Demonstrate leadership i.e. be able to demonstrate your involvement in leadership activities in your community i.e at school, church/mosque/ temple etc
To support all our applicants, AkiraChix has partnered with various Test Centres across East Africa.
These are offices and safe spaces you can access free and stable internet and a computer to make your application to the codeHive program.
This is what all the select Test Centres in your community will possess, so look out for these:
- Each Test Centre will have an AkiraChix certified stamp;
- You will have a computer or laptop with internet connection, at your disposal to complete the online application process;
- The application process will take two hours; and
- You will be required to carry your original National ID, Birth certificate and High School result slip and recommendation letter to the Centre, to be scanned as part of your application.
Below is a list of certified test centres across Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and refugee communities in Kenya.All the best in your application!