We are just 3 days away from the much awaited Girls in ICT Day, and are stoked about having you all join us for a day of fun and collaboration.
This year, we are not only hosting girls from various high schools across the country, but are also opening it up to young ladies in University, as this event is geared towards exposing young women to career opportunities in the tech industry.
We have a number of panels featuring various amazing women set for the day. Wangechi Mwangi, AkiraChix super Volunteer and co founder of ValuRaha, Martha Chumo, founder of Nairobi Dev School, and Cynthia Wasonga, a budding student programmer will share their experiences of transitioning over from high school to the world of tech.
There’ll be a fireside chat featuring women in leadership, such as:-
- Hital Muraj, Corporate Affairs Manager Cisco Systems, East and Central Southern Africa
- Dr. Shikoh Gitau, User Innovator with the Social Innovation Team at Mercy Corps
- Alice Chemtai Muraguri, Consultant – East Africa, Campus Management and Chapter Sponsor, ACMW Nairobi Chapter
- Linda Kamau, Senior developer at Ushahidi, co-founder and Programs Director at AkiraChix
- More ladies you can expect to interact with include Nyandia Kamawe from Emawak Designs Limited, and Angela Okune, Research Lead at iHub Nairobi.
There’ll be lots of other fun activities, including a gaming rink, as well as showcases from the ongoing Robotics bootcamp
Lunch and Snacks will be provided. Plus you also get your own cool t-shirt. Get your free tickets from the Eventbrite page and encourage your friends, daughters and sisters in tech to also get their tickets!
Huge thanks to Intel, and to iHub Nairobi for the continued support and offering us space to run the event ;).