AkiraChix has organised a two week intensive design training tailored for
young girls in high school, between 3rd December and 14th December 2012(excluding
weekends) between 9a.m and 3p.m .
This training is to be carried out at the *iHub – Nairobi’s innovation hub,
situated on the 4th Floor of Bishop Magua Center, Ngong’ road.
The course will entail the following:-
- Introduction to elements and principles of Graphic design.
- Exploration of various means of indicating visual elements in page design.
- It is expected that at the end of the two week course, the students will be able to put together a design layout for print and publication.
- This course explores various means of indicating visual elements in page design.The ability to effectively integrate photographs, illustrations, and type is developed using page composition software.
Course Objective :-
- Create layouts for print and collateral materials from assigned concepts and production specifications.
- Systematically develop strong, creative layout solutions by means of a cumulative design process.
- Select the visual components (photography, illustration, text blocks, and headline typeface and form) or successful layout.
- Employ effective visual structural systems (grid structures) to produce a cohesive group of ad layouts in a variety of page formats.
Students will require the following materials for the course: –
- A newspaper and a magazine of your liking
- A flash drive – This is for purposes of referring to work done at the camp in future.
The program will cost 2000/= KES per student. Lunch will NOT be provided, therefore students
are encouraged to either carry packed lunch, or some money to buy lunch. If interested send an email
to email@example.com with name and School of the student.